Eid Mubarak | Delicious recipe of Meethi Seviyan | Muslim Culture
Ramadan is a holy month in Muslim Culture. Ramadan comes every year and is being celebrated everywhere in full swing. Muslims remark this as a month of fasting. Eid-al-fitar is the main festival in Islamic culture, which comes at the end of holy Ramadan or can say Eid is the festival of fast-breaking. Eid is a three days celebration with Zeal and full of enthusiasm everywhere.
Eid is also known as feast of food. Different verities of dishes are made in every single house, and people enjoy those mouthwatering dishes together. Meethi Seviyan is such a popular and everyone’s favorite dish specially during Ramadan & Eid Mubarak. Everyone has its own recipe for this tasty desert. But one should always try something new with little variation. So try this recipe of Meethi Sevai with some interesting variation during Ramadan and Eid. Hope you would like it a lot:
Ingredients required for Meethi Seviyan:
- 200 gm fine seviyan
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup khoya
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 cup sugar (one can add or reduce sugar quantity according to taste)
- ½ cup desi ghee
- ½ tsp nutmeg(jaifal) powder
- ½ tsp green cardamom powder
- Few drops kewara water
- 1 cup makhana (foxnut) chopped in to two pcs
- 2 tbsp coconut powder
- ½ cup mixed chopped dry fruits(almonds, cashew nuts, raisin
How to make Meethi Seviyan:
- Heat a pan, now roast dry seviyan on a medium flame till it turns to dark brown, transfer it into a plate. Avoid over roasting.
- In the same pan heat the ghee then add makhana (foxnut), and fry it till it gets crunchy. Now add coconut and mixed dry fruits in it, fry them together for 2 mins and keep it aside.
- Now take a deep pan and sugar, milk, water and khoya, mix well. Take a boil on high flame, keep stirring. Slow down the flame and keep stirring till the sugar syrup gets thicker or till you get four string consistencies (4 taar ki chashini).
- Now add ½ cup milk into the mixture and boil it properly.
- Add roasted seviyan, dry fruits and mix well. Cook on a slow flame for 5 mins. Now switch of the flame. Add kewara water and, sprinkle nutmeg & cardamom powder.
- Then cover the pan with lid for 10-15 mins. At the time of serving, garnish it with roasted dry fruits, you may also garnish it with chandi ka vark (silver foil).
Hope, you would like to taste this awesome recipe on this Eid. Wish you a very happy Eid and Eid Mubarak in advance to all viewers.